accessories apparel cosmetics diy-projects reviews


18 September 2011

katharine hepburn

Hepburn, known for her independence and feisty spunk, was a famous actress who won four Academy Awards over an acting (in both Broadway and Hollywood) career spanning some sixty years. I know her for The Philadelphia Story, a movie that cemented her success in Hollywood; I was named after the character.  You may know her from The African Queen, On Golden Pond, or Bringing Up Baby.

So when I heard there was an exhibit showcasing some of Hepburns' costumes from over the years, I leapt at the chance to go see it. Dragging my boyfriend along, naturally.


An illustrated scene from The Philadelphia Story

(Again, sorry for the lack of picture quality. These were taken in low light and with an iPhone.)



Here are a few of my favorites:


Though I can't seem to find it on the internet, I distinctly recognize that poster as something of a famous picture. (Costume pictured above of poster, below)






I thought the exhibit was very interesting, though I don't think my boyfriend agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment